The plan survey below is based on survey trips conducted by Roger Galloway and Annie Audsley on 27DEC11, 23DEC12, 23NOV13 & 27DEC14.
- The centreline is OK, the passage details could be improved.
- The pretty colours show the progress year by year.
- Strictly speaking, work on the Engine Shaft itself started in 2008 and continued until the bottom of the shaft had been stabilised and deepened by early 2011.
- In the whole dig, the only open navigable sections were:-
- The bottom half of Tollens' shaft (4.5m).
- The Builder's Shaft (3.5m).
- Annieversary (7m)
- Humbug and Soggy Bottom (3.5m).
- Start of the Tube (ca. 2m).
- With the exception of a short section at the start of the Tube, none of the horizontal sections was wider than approx 15 cm.
- The Slot was approximately 5 x 10 cm.
Created: 14 January 2014